So we have all heard that keeping our colon clean and good digestive health is important in every area of our lives, but what do we truly know? What are the facts of poo and colon health?
Today I will share with you how colon health affects our bodies and how to keep it clean. I know it is such a faux pas to talk about our bathroom habits, but it is a subject some of us should broach more often and what is a more safe place to talk about it than the internet? 😉
The Down-lo on Poo-What is Healthy, What is not?
|Healthy Stool||Unhealthy Stool|
|Medium to light brown||Stool that is hard to pass, painful, or requires straining|
|Smooth and soft, formed into one long shape and not a bunch of pieces||Hard lumps and pieces, or mushy and watery, or even pasty and difficult to clean off|
|About one to two inches in diameter and up to 18 inches long||Narrow, pencil-like or ribbon-like stools: can indicate a bowel obstruction or tumor – or worst case, colon cancer; narrow stools on an infrequent basis are not so concerning, but if they persist, definitely warrant a call to your physician5|
|S-shaped, which comes from the shape of your lower intestine6||Black, tarry stools or bright red stools may indicate bleeding in the GI tract; black stools can also come from certain medications, supplements or consuming black licorice; if you have black, tarry stools, it’s best to be evaluated by your healthcare provider|
|Quiet and gentle dive into the water…it should fall into the bowl with the slightest little “whoosh” sound – not a loud, wet cannonball splash that leaves your toosh in need of a shower||White, pale or gray stools may indicate a lack of bile, which may suggest a serious problem (hepatitis, cirrhosis, pancreatic disorders, or possibly a blocked bile duct), so this warrants a call to your physician; antacids may also produce white stool|
|Natural smell, not repulsive (I’m not saying it will smell good)||Yellow stools may indicate giardia infection, a gallbladder problem, or a condition known as Gilbert’s syndrome – if you see this, call your doctor|
|Uniform texture||Presence of undigested food (more of a concern if accompanied by diarrhea, weight loss, or other changes in bowel habits)|
|Sinks slowly||Floaters or splashers|
|Increased mucus in stool: This can be associated with inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease, or ulcerative colitis, or even colon cancer, especially if accompanied by blood or abdominal pain|
For more information on what is healthy and what is not, visit: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/02/14/normal-stool.aspx
What Healthy and Unhealthy Looks Like:
Colon with Diverticulosis Unhealthy Colon
1.Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disorder that leads to abdominal pain and cramping, changes in bowel movements, and other symptoms. IBS is not the same as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. In IBS, the structure of the bowel is not abnormal.
2. Constipation-Constipation is most often defined as having a bowel movement less than 3 times per week. It usually is associated with hard stools or difficulty passing stools. You may have pain while passing stools or may be unable to have a bowel movement after straining or pushing for more than 10 minutes.
3.Diverticulosis-Diverticulitis is small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that become inflamed or infected. Most often, these pouches are in the large intestine (colon).
4. Flatulence (gas)- the passing of gas from the digestive system out of the back passage. (imagine me holding back my embarrassed laughter… ;p )
5. Bloating-Abdominal bloating is a condition in which the belly (abdomen) feels full and tight. It can be caused by constipation, over eating, IBS, weight gain, reflux, or swallowing air.
6.Colon Cancer-Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine (colon), the lower part of your digestive system. Rectal cancer is cancer of the last several inches of the colon.
7.Fatigue-Fatigue is extreme tiredness, typically resulting from mental or physical exertion or illness. It can also be caused by toxins in the colon being released to the rest of the body.
8. Diarrhea-Diarrhea is a condition in which feces are discharged from the bowels frequently and in a liquid form. If the conon is not taken care of well, it can cause excessive diarrhea.
How to Keep it Clean:
1. Eat Healty- Eat lots of fruits and veggies
Choose the right carbs
High Protein foods (keeps you fuller longer)
Fiber, fiber, fiber!!
2. Drink Lots of Water. It is recommended to get about a gallon and a half of water a day. That is more if you get hot and sweaty at the gym, because it is important to replace the water lost through sweating.
3. Exercise- We should get exercise at least 3-4 days a week or more. Even 20 minutes a day is good as long as it gets you sweating.
4. It goes along with eating healthy-but eat a High Fiber organic diet that includes 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. I am not going to force organics on you , but I highly recommend you at least know where you food is coming from!
5. Looking for a reason to quit that bad habit of smoking? Well look no further! Not only does smoking affect the mouth, throat, and lungs, but research has shown that the toxins found in cigarettes can also affect other vital organs in our bodies including the colon.
6. Limit how much Alcohol you drink! Not only does alcohol create quite the zag in our walking and impede our judgement leaving us with some embarrassing moments and a major headache in the morning, but it also contains toxic artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and splenda. *Steer clear of Diet sodas that also contain these toxins.
Sounds Easy, Right? So what do we do, when we just can’t poo?
Even when we do all the right things, sometimes our bodies don’t get the message and do what we want it to. So what do we do when we just can’t poo?
I know it can be a pain (literally!), I too have dealt with my own poo woes, but I am here to tell you, THERE IS HOPE! No more dreading the ominous #2! Sometimes we all need a little kick in the colon and to detox our digestive system so it can do what it is supposed to do.
My colons little kick happened when I was sent a little bottle of Pure Colon Detox by Pure Body Naturals. I read the details, and since I have tried other colon cleanses I was pretty skeptical. I was convinced I was going to be running to the bathroom every few minutes and maybe even experience the cramping and pain I had with other cleanses. BUT, I didn’t! Not only did it work well, but it didn’t cause any weird side affects or make my stomach hurt. I noticed a real change in even my cravings as well.
Pure Colon Detox is made of all natural ingredients with no fillers, binders or artificial flavors. It is has such a concentration of ingredients, that even after just a couple days you can tell it really works, and it is not recommended to take it regularly for more than a week. I only took it for four days and have not had any in over a week and I have to say it really delivers. I have not had any digestive issues and feel overall much better since using this product. (lets ignore that I have a cold-they are unrelated lol)
I highly recommend this product and think it is great for anyone who needs that extra push while using the steps above or that has issues staying regular as I have had. It is also great to use as a normal detox, it works great and I believe you will find you have never felt better than after using Pure Colon Detox and getting your digestive health under control.
Below is a little more information on Pure Colon Detox. I hope it is helpful and I wish you all a happy and healthy digestive track! 🙂
More About Pure Colon Detox by Pure Body Naturals
A Pure all natural proprietary Colon Cleanse Detox formula for fast effective results
Flax Seed Oil
Pure Body Naturals Colon Cleanse Detox is full of all natural ingredients to make you look and feel great !
This product is a purifying and rigorous cleanse that removes waste matter from the digestive tract that may have accumulated over a period of several years.
– The detoxifying process leaves you feeling healthy and fresh.
– When you rid the body of waste matter, it is very common to experience an immediate drop in both weight and waist size!
– This particular cleanse is extremely effective and should therefore not be taken on a daily basis for more than a week.
– As always, we do recommend that you consult your health practitioner before taking any nutritional supplement.
Why Is Pure Body Naturals Colon Cleanse Detox Different?
– Pure Body Naturals stakes its reputation on creating world-class health supplement products with the highest grade premium ingredients.
– Natural and Safe Ingredients.
– This capsule contains ZERO fillers, ZERO Binders or Artificial Ingredients.
For Ordering Information, or to get your own Pure Colon Detox, visit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G5G3M1W/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.