We’ve all heard about lipids. Maybe not as lipids necessarily, but fats-both good and bad. But Lipids can be, and are, very important for the body. The skin in particular.
Understand, I am not telling you to go out and get fat and eat that cheeseburger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but some fats are good for the body.
What are lipids used for, exactly?
Lipids rest under the skin and provide insulation during the winter. They also play important roles in your body, from providing energy to producing hormones. You wouldn’t be able to digest and absorb food properly without lipids. Eating more fat than you need can lead to weight gain, but in proper amounts lipids are a healthy part of your diet.
There are five major functions of lipids:
- Energy Production and Storage-About half of the fuel your body needs when at rest or during everyday activity comes from lipids. If you eat more calories than you need in a day, the excess energy is stored as lipids as fat. In between meals and during exercise your body relies on these fats stores to provide energy.
- Insulation and Protection-This one is self explanitory. (mostly) There is a layer of fat under our skin, and also around our kidneys and other vital organs-with out lipids, every bump or bruise would affect or hurt our organs.
- Digestion and Absorbtion-Lipids in your body are essential for good digestion and absorption of food and nutrients. Bile acids produced from lipids in your liver allow fat and water to mix in your intestines and aid in the breakdown and absorption of food. Lipids are then needed to transport the fat-soluble vitamins, A, D, E and K, from your intestines to your blood stream. Your cells use these vitamins to maintain the health of your vision, skin, bones, teeth and blood, according The National Institutes of Health.
- Cell Wall Structure-The essential lipids, Linolenic acid and Linoleic acid, are essential to your health; they can’t be made by your body and have to come from what you eat. They are used in the production of cell membranes and hormones, as well as for maintaining vision and supporting the immune system. These lipids provide structure and support for the walls of every cell in your body.
- Hormone Production-This is a good one for us ladies out there…Cholesterol is a type of lipid needed to make important steroid hormones in your body. Estrogen, testosterone, progesterone and the active form of vitamin D are all formed from cholesterol and are needed to maintain pregnancy, develop sex characteristics and regulate calcium levels in your body. According to the American Heart Association, about 25 percent of the cholesterol in your blood comes from your diet, from animal foods such as egg yolks, cheese, and shrimp. The other 75 percent is formed in your liver and cells.
What happens when my skins natural lipids are depleted?
One or more of many things can happen. Our skin affects not only the outside of our body, but it can cause issues as deep as your vital organs due to irritating chemicals, allergens, and bacteria.
A few of the external problems you can face are:
- Dry, cracked skin
So What Do I do When My Skin is All wrong? What can I use when my skin feels dry, itchy, and is cracking?
Have you ever heard of True Lipids by Cheryl Lee MD? ( You can find it here:I wish I had learned of it sooner-it is amazing! True Lipids brings you the new perfect for your skin! It’s a patented line of skincare products designed to benefit eczema, itchy skin, dry skin, skin allergies, severely cracked hands, elbows & feet, diaper rash, cracked peeling lips, and minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. The idea behind the technology is to replace the lipids that are deficient in damaged skin to allow for the skin to repair itself. It also forms a barrier stopping the irritants, toxins, and allergens from getting in. The results thus far have been amazing! They’ve been able to help people who have suffered for years to finally find relief! Their product line consists of lotion, cream, ointment, hydrocortisone cream, lip balm, and boo boo & bum balm.
I had the privilege of trying the Relieve and Protect Ointment. It is advertised to be fast, powerful, and effective. It helps relieve cracked, chapped, and extremely dry, itchy skin. It also protects and moisturizes with natural, anti-inflammatory extract from licorice root. It is exactly what it advertises. I could see a difference even after the first use.
You see, I have really bad dry cracked feet-especially after winter. I would scare even the most experienced pedicurists with my feet….After a week of using it once to twice a day, my feet were completely different than before I started using True Lipids. Feet aren’t really my thing, but I wanted to show you how well this stuff really works! I have pictures below that demonstrate for you-the changes are Amazing!
Before-my feet were dry, cracked, scratchy, and they were admittedly hidden in socks almost constantly.
After first application you can see there is a visible difference. I must admit, the results weren’t lasting the first copule of days, I had to apply the cream about twice a day and the second time was before bed where I would coat them more and wear socks to hold it in.
After One week-Twice Daily-my feet look like new. They are touchable and soft. They aren’t dry and cracked anymore and I am not embarrassed to wear toe-less shoes or sandals. The best part about this cream was I didn’t have to do anything additional while I used it. No ped-eggs, filing, scraping, sanding, or rubbing. I didn’t have to ruin m feet to “improve” my fee. All it took was some good old ointment and a few days of patience. I am absolutely in love with the results!
Before I tell you where to buy it, I’m going to tell you one of the greatest features of this product, besides the results that is!! True Lipids is on a Free Campaign. They believe all people come with Delicate skin and a sensitive immune system. At CherylLeeMD, sensitive skin care, they believe all people deserve to use natural, healthy products.
They are free of:
- Fragrance/masking fragrance
- Bees Wax
- 1,4 Dioxane
- Potassium Sorbate and SO MANY MORE!
Where to buy:
Want to win a Product of your choice worth $50 from CherylLeeMD? Enter below!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.