Known as “liquid gold” Moroccan Argan oil has been found to have many health benefits when applied topically. Some of these benefits include:
• Protects against and heal skin infections
• Clears up acne
• Eases eczema
• Hastens recovery from chicken pox
• Heals cracks and burns
Today I am going to show you just a few of the ways you can use Moroccan Argan oil and how to make it on your own at home.
1. Facial Moisturizer: This is actually very easy-you don’t have to do anything. All you need is some argon oil-I recommend InstaNaturals 100% Pure Argan Oil (and YES! It’s organic!) . Once you have cleansed your face, take 1-3 drops of your oil and massage it into your face and neck. Since it is a “dry” oil, it will absorb quickly and won’t leave behind a greasy residue.
*You can also use it as a serum! Just take your Argan Oil and apply it just as you would as a moisturizer and once it has dried completely add your daily moisturizer or night cream.
2. Hydrating Toner: You can make your own Toner using Argan oil. All you need to do is take ten drops of your InstaNaturals 100% Argan Oil and add it to half a cup of aloe vera gel and one cup of distilled (or purified) water in a bottle. Shake well and you have your own home made extra hydrating toner.
*for a scent boost and more benefits, you can use rose or orange blossom water.
*want to take it on the road with you? Put some of it in a spritz bottle for easy application for on the go. (fits great in your purse!)
3. Rejuvenating Mask: This mask is great for brightening and rejuvenating the skin and giving it a healthy glow. To make this mask, mix 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 Tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of InstaNaturals 100% Pure Argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Easy Peasy, Right?
4. Lip scrub and exfoliator: To smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
*You can also use Lemon or Peppermint Extract
5. Face Glow-All Natural Foundation (compact):
Start with a base of arrowroot-for darker skin tones use up to 1 tsp & for lighter skin tones use up to 1 Tbsp. Slowly add in one of/combination of either Cocoa Powder, Ground Cinnamon, or Nutmeg until you get your desired tone. Then add your InstaNaturals Argan Oil until you reach the desired texture.
*Start with 5 drops and work your way up from there.
*Don’t want to make an entirely DIY foundation, but still want the benefits of Argan Oil? Add a drop or two to your foundation, bronzer, or tinted moisturizer.
*You may need to experiment to get the color that best matches your skin tone. I suggest making smaller batches until the color matches.
6. Leave in Conditioner: This is great especially if your hair is dry/damaged from using the hair dryer, curling iron, or straightener. There are a couple of ways you can do this. One way is to add a few drops of InstaNaturals 100% Pure Argan Oil to your hair after you wash it, while it is still damp. The other way you can do this is take a spray bottle, add two tablespoons of conditioner, then fill the bottle up leaving a 1/4 inch of air at the top. Lastly add a few drops of Argan oil to the bottle, shake and use!
*Side note: Only use a the tips of hair and work it in so you don’t end up with oil head. (ie-don’t use at the root)
7. Styling Shine: You can use Argan oil as a styling agent by applying a *small* amount after your hair is dry. You can also add it to your styling gel or cream for healing benefits.
8. Overnight Hair Treatment: You can give yourself the soft locks you’ve always wanted just by adding a generous amount of InstaNaturals 100% Pure Argan Oil to your hair before bed and wrapping your hair in a bandana or towel and leaving it in over night. You can also make your own treatment by mixing 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon epsom salt or magnesium flakes (optional- for volume). Over a sink, apply the mixture to your hair, wrap your head in a towel and leave in while you sleep. Wash it off in the morning and enjoy the soft, touchable results all day (maybe weeks) long.
*Can’t leave it in all night? Make the same treatment above and leave it in about 30 minutes and wash it out to enjoy the same amazing results.
9. Cuticle and Heel Softener: You can massage your cuticles and heels with InstaNaturals 100% Pure Argan Oil and leave a thick layer on your feet before bed. Wear socks to hold in moisture and wake up to soft, touchable feet and hands. For extra softening/healing power-add a few drops of Argan Oil to TruLipids Relieve and Restore oinment and apply a thick layer. Again, wear socks to hold in moisture and wake up to soft, healthy toes! 🙂
*This treatment is also great for dry, cracked elbows!
10. Body and Bath Oil: It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too. For a soothing bath, add Lavender extract, Sea salt ( or epsom), and a few drops of Argan oil (5 or so should be enough-or equivalent to a dropper full) to a warm bath. Relax for at least 20 minutes to get the full affect. For body oil, just apply InstaNaturals 100% Pure Argan Oil directly to your skin, or add it to your favorite moisturizing lotion.
*You can also make Body Butter! (I can’t wait to try this!)
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter or Mango Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup oil and a dropper or two full of Argan oil
- Optional: Essential Oils for scent- I like using 10-30 drops depending on the essential oils used. Peppermint and Citrus/Lavender and favorites at our house.
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
Now, I am sure you have noticed that I clearly LOVE InstaNaturals 100% Pure Certified Argan Oil. I have been using it for about a month now and have absolutely loved the results. I have used it on my nails and my cuticles look fantastic! I tried it in my hair as an overnight treatment, and my hair has never been softer or touchable as it is now. I used it as a styling spritz, and it held all those fray hairs down. I even used it on my stretch marks and dry spots and it has worked marvels on my skin. I absolutely recommend getting some!
Not only does it work great-it is 100% organic and is pure Argan oil-no added ingredients or preservatives. On top of all of that-it is affordable. I am sure you have read the reviews-Moroccan Argan oil works amazingly well, but it is also very expensive. The thing about it they don’t tell you is it only takes a little bit to do a whole LOT.
InstaNaturals can be found here http://www.amazon.com/ORGANIC-InstaNatural-Certified-Argania-Spinosa/dp/B00H93NJLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399668487&sr=8-1&keywords=instanatural+argan+oil for the low price of $23.97 for 4oz compared to the competitors that can cost upwards of $100 for less than 1 fl oz.
This is an all natural 100% Pure Certified Organic Argan Oil. There are no chemicals or preservatives added to the product. It’s 100% Argania Spinosa.
100% Pure Organic Argan Oil also known as liquid gold is a lightweight pure argania spinosa. It is used to moisturize and hydrate skin, face, hair and body.
InstaNatural’s 100% Pure Certified Organic Argan Oil will bring your skin and hair to life in just one short week!
• Lightweight & pure for the ultimate healthy glow.
• Look like a Hollywood Celebrity with 100% Pure Argan Oil ONLY.
• No preservatives, chemicals, or artificial fragrances used.
• Made organically in small batches to ensure premium quality! This batch / Lot # is as fresh as it gets: Harvested / Imported in January 2014.
Whatever your needs, InstaNatural’s 100% Argan Oil is the number one choice for moisturizer!
• Naturally freshens, hydrates and softens dry skin better than any other moisturizer on the market.
• Repairs and beautifies hair, from roots to split-ends.
• Strengthens brittle nails and cuticles.
100% 100-Day Satisfaction Guarantee! If you’re not completely satisfied, keep the bottle (it’s on us) + get a full refund. No questions asked.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.