It can be hard to keep kids interested in brushing teeth sometimes. I mean, face it, even we as adults struggle with it sometimes. I know I at least do. So, what can we do to help with that? What way is there to encourage our children and toddlers to develop a healthy brushing habit?
We can use the Add a Brilliant Smile! Incentive chart from The Victoria Chart Company! It is a great chart! My daughter absolutely loves using it. It has a space for her name and a space to add their next dentist visit. It is a fun way to keep my kids excited to brush, because after she gets done she gets to draw a funny face or animal-or whatever she wants-in the space for the morning or evening and it’s something she looks forward to every time. (and yes-it comes with the dry erase marker! )
Her favorite part of this chart-though is the incentives space. Each week we choose one thing she can get if she brushes correctly twice a day every day for a week. So far she has gotten to go out for dinner, a new coloring book and crayons, and this week she is working toward going to Kohl Park (a local park) to play and maybe swim.
A cool feature of this chart is it tells on the back which teeth are which, what age they tend to come in and when they usually fall out. It is a fun and educational way to talk to Bean about her teeth and show her why it’s so important to take care of her teeth. It even has a space to fill in when the first tooth is lost-which Bean was super excited to fill in just recently. (June 2oth!) It has been super helpful in our home where teeth brushing was turning into a fight each day-especially after dinner when energy was low and the kids have been more tired from play. Bean (and her brothers) have been actually asking to brush their teeth and do it regularly more often than not.
This chart is great for families with younger kids and toddlers-especially those that are more stubborn about their brushing habits or a child who “dreads” brushing their teeth. It comes with sticky mounting pads so you can put it right on the wall where they can reach it-and they are great because they don’t “over stick” so you can move it, but they are strong so it won’t be falling off the wall either. You can read more about this cute chart, find where to buy it, and even enter to win your own chart below!
Teeth Brushing Chart
~~A large reward chart to help children to understand the importance of regular tooth brushing and educate them on looking after their teeth.
Each pack contains:
• Large dry wipe chart to educate and support children from 3 years to understand the importance of looking after their teeth.
• It encourages children to brush their teeth for two minutes twice a day and mark their chart with a fun smiley face with the dry erase marker included.
• There is a section to write an incentive to encourage the child to complete the weeks routine and to write the date of next dental visit.
• A supportive information sheet detailing healthy eating tips and recommended food, baby teeth development chart with teeth names, a place to enter the date first tooth comes out, a fun face where children can mark teeth as they fall out and fun ‘did you know? facts.
• Sticky mounting pads and a dry erase pen.
Where to Buy:
Win your own Tooth Brushing Reward Chart! Enter Here:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.